Shi means finger and atsu means pressure.
Shiatsu therapy is an ancient form of Japanese body work, and is traditionally given on a futon on the floor with the client fully clothed. The therapist uses sustained pressure from the thumbs and palms of the hand to release stagnation or tension in the connective tissue when muscles are tight and restricted. Shiatsu pressure is firm, supportive and given with empathy to work with the persons own innate healing energy to assist with recovery from discomfort. Shiatsu can be used in conjunction with current medical practices. Relaxation Massage Shiatsu
Benefits of Shiatsu:
- helps to relieve stress and fatigue;
- relieves musculature skeletal tension;
- promotes relaxation, calming the central nervous system;
- supports the immune system;
- can be given from a chair for back and neck discomfort;
- rejuvenates the body, mind and spirit.
Corrective exercises may be given from the stretch therapy system to enhance treatment outcomes for back, neck, and muscular tension.
*Health rebates available